Cipro (Ciprofloxacin) is a drug that you can get without a prescription at the pharmacy - like most generics. It fights bacteria in the body and is very effective and well tolerated. Serious bacterial diseases such as urinary tract infection, sinus or anthrax can be treated first class. The drug is also skin infections counterpoint. Generic Cipro - you do not say no to good treatment methods.
Cipro is a broad-spectrum antibiotic. One can thus treat flu, cough and other cold symptoms. Generic Cipro wants to bring the bacteria that spread by infection in the body under control, eradicate. It is therefore important that you protect the exposed areas, the neuralgic potential sources of infection against bacterial invasion. We recommend additionally ointments, plasters, dressings or mouth guard - depending on locality of infectious disease. Cipro then unfolds normally - like all other generics also - very fast and reliable its effect, it cannot stand in the rain with your discomfort.
The list of Cipro indications includes:
- Treatment of systemic infections (except CNS infections) caused by bacterial pathogens;
- Respiratory tract infections,
- Eye infection (acute and subacute conjunctivitis, etc);
- Pelvic infections of urinary system, kidney and urinary tract infections (cystitis, tubular abscess, epididymitis, etc.);
- STDs (gonorrhea, chlamydia, etc);
- Infection of the abdominal cavity and gastrointestinal tract (gallbladder and biliary tract, bacterial diarrhea, etc.);
- Treat the majority of enteropathogens (Salmonella, Shigella, Vibrio spp., etc.);
- Infections of the skin and soft tissues (cellulitis, otitis externa, etc.);
- Joint and bone infections (osteomyelitis, septic arthritis, etc.);
- Sepsis, septicemia, bacteremia.
Cipro dose is determined based on the severity of the infection, the infecting microorganism type and age, body weight and kidney function of the patient. If necessary, the oral dose may be increased to 750 mg two times a day.
Cipro is used as a means of prophylaxis in surgical patients. Cipro500 mg should be taken twice daily for 7 days after surgery prevented infection in all patients undergoing emergency surgery.
The duration of treatment depends on the severity of the infection, the clinical response and bacteriological data. Typically, the duration of therapy of acute infections is 5 to 14 days, with bone and joint infections treatment may be extended up to 4-6 weeks.
Cipro can’t be used by pregnant or lactation women, by underage patients and people who have a hypersensitivity to any contents of this pill.
Usually ciprofloxacin is well tolerated. Side effects have been described in 10% of patients. The most common side effects of Cipro are:
- Stomach: nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and diarrhea);
- CNS: headache, anxiety, mood changes, dizziness and sleep disturbances;
- Skin: redness, itching, rash;
- Joint pain;
- Rare: vasculitis, anaphylaxis, Stevens-Johnson syndrome and toxic epidermal necrolysis syndrome, seizures, psychotic reactions and other central nervous system, hepatitis.